TERMS & CONDITIONS
By completing the booking procedure Guests agree:
1. To limit the number of people occupying the property to a maximum of 4 and to accept that children under the age of 11 are not permitted, unless by prior written agreement. If these conditions are breached guests may be asked to vacate the property immediately without any refund.
2. To complete the booking form and pay a non-refundable £200 deposit on booking, with the balance payable not less than 8 weeks before the start of the holiday. If a booking is made less than 8 weeks before the start of the holiday the full rent is payable at the time of booking. Failure to pay the rental charges to this timescale will result in the cancellation of the booking and the owner treating the property as available for re-letting.
3. To notify any cancellation in writing and pay any monies due. If the cancellation takes place less than 8 weeks before the start of the booking we will endeavour to re-let the house. If the property is re-let at the full rate, a refund will be made, less the £200 deposit. If re-let at a lower rate a partial refund will be made pro rata, less the £200 deposit. If not re-let then no refund will be made. To safeguard against cancellation charges or other unforeseen eventualities guests are advised to take out cancellation insurance.
4. To pay a £150 keys return / good housekeeping deposit not less than 8 weeks before the start of the holiday. Following return of the door keys, this deposit will be returned by electronic bank transfer within 7 days to a UK bank account or as soon as possible to a non-UK bank account, minus any deductions for breakages/damage/extra cleaning,
5. To vacate the property by 10.00 am on the final day of the let, unless otherwise agreed in writing with the owners. Guest arrival time is from 16.30 onwards and we will make all efforts to have the house ready by this time unless there have been events outside our control.
6. Not to sub-let or re-assign the property to another person or persons.
7. To respect and look after the property during their stay and to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition. The owners reserve the right to deduct an amount from the housekeeping deposit for additional cleaning if the property is not left in a similar condition as on arrival and/or for any breakages, loss or damage during the booking. Guests should please notify the owners of any breakages, loss or damage as soon as possible. Please note the house operates a ‘no shoes’ policy and we are grateful that guests bring slippers or cosy socks.
8. To settle any WIFI broadband charges if additional capacity beyond the 25 Gigabyte weekly allowance has been used. Such charges will normally be deducted from the good housekeeping deposit. WIFI access cannot be guaranteed as the EE mast is on the other side of the loch and storms can occasionally cause damage; unfortunately loss of service due to such events is out of our control and we cannot be held liable.
9. To accept that should the property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, the owner’s liability is limited to the repayment in full of any rent/deposit already paid in respect of the Leac a Ghradain booking.
10. Not to bring any pets into the house or within the grounds of the property.
11. Not to smoke (including E-cigarettes) in the house or within the grounds of the property. The full good housekeeping deposit will be withheld if smoking is detected following your stay.
12. Not to light any fires or carry out any outdoor cooking within the grounds of the property.
13. On arrival to familiarise themselves with, and observe, the health and safety information provided at the property and to read the instructions for the wood stove before lighting a fire; to accept the need to stick to the paths and take care in the garden, particularly around the unfenced pond, the rocky areas and on any wet rock given that it will be slippery. Children must be supervised at all times in the garden and grounds.
14. To accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk.
15. To absolve the Property Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property while on the premises or while engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
16. To use the property solely as self-catering accommodation and to accept the owner’s right to refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours or unreasonable behaviour by any member of the party may result in the owners asking guests to leave without a refund.
17. To allow the owners or agents access to the property at reasonable times in order to deal with any emergency or urgent maintenance issues.
18. To allow the gardener access to mow the lawn or carry out gardening work if necessary during their stay.
19. To be responsible for shutting and locking all exterior doors and windows and securing the property appropriately when absent and on departure; to keep the gate to the property closed and properly bolted at all times.
20. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to agree their data can be held securely for the sole purpose of handling a booking enquiry. Personal data is not shared with third parties and will be deleted on request.
21. The property let is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
22. The person whose name appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that the Conditions of Let are adhered to by all members of the party.